Centro Estrella – Socialization Training Program
Goals and Objectives
The goal of Alma Family Services Socialization Training Program is to provide a variety of positive, challenging, and growth experiences to best meet the needs of participants between the ages of 5 and 21 with developmental disabilities with focus on the positive social development of each individual consumer.
- Hands on training and strengthening of social skills both individual, group, and community interaction with active support of the therapeutic benefits of socializing.
- Providing quality social opportunities and events to challenge and enrich the social and overall development of the consumers we serve.
- Support and complement the existing educational, social, and/or behavioral health goals and objectives as established by the participant, family, school, or related agencies (i.e. Regional Center).
- Training in self advocacy and development of self-esteem.
- Communication and interactions between participants, parents, families and staff members in order to provide a support system for the participant.
Providing a safe and nurturing environment for all participants while assisting in the enhancement of socialization skills.
Eligibility Criteria and Registration Requirements
Participants between the ages of 5 and 21 years are eligible for admittance to the Socialization Training Program. Per licensing requirements, an age exception request must be submitted to Community Care Licensing for participants age 18 to 21. Alma Family Services Programs are specifically designed to meet the needs of participants who have physical and/or developmental disabilities. Each referral received will be evaluated on an individual basis to determine whether our services are appropriate for the child.
Socialization Training Program Schedule
- 2:30 – 3:00 Arrival
- 3:00 – 3:30 Daily Health Assessment
- 3:30 – 4:00 Snack Time
- 4:00 – 5:00 Indoor Activities (Social stories, small or large group engagement activities)
- 5:00 – 5:45 Outdoor Activities (Team building games, aquatic, group activities, etc)
- 6:00 Program Closed
Minimum Day Schedule
Alma Family Services Socialization Training Program will be open from school dismissal time until closing time (6:00 pm) on minimum school days based upon sufficient pre-registration, notification and authorization.