"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream"
C. S. Lewis
"The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others."
"Having others help you does not mean you have failed. It just means you're not alone"
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Join Our Dynamic Team We are hiring!
Please visit our Facebook page for recent Community Events
Support Our Family Services With Your Donations
Serving the Multi-Generational Needs of
Individuals and Families
Support Alma Family Services While You Shop!
Choose Alma Family Services as your charity on smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate .5% of your eligible purchases to Alma Family Services!
By taking this simple action, you will help Alma Family Services make a difference in the lives of families and the communities we serve.
4 easy steps to support Alma Family Services through Amazon Smile:
- Sign in
Log in to your Amazon account at amazon.com.
- Select Alma Family Services
Search for and select Alma Family Services as your charity. Once selected, you will receive a confirmation email
Shop and checkout as you would on Amazon. No extra cost is passed on to you, but Amazon will automatically donate 0.5% of your purchases to Alma Family Services.
To help Alma Family Services even more, let your friends know and ask them to join. You can use the attachment to repost on social media. Use the sample social media message below to spread the word:
Choose Alma Family Services as your smile.amazon.com charity to make a meaningful contribution to #almfamilyservices while you shop!
SUPPORTING ALMA THROUGH YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
If you are using the Amazon App in your mobile device for shopping, you can turn on Amazon Smile by taking the following additional steps:
A. Go to Menu (icon with 3 horizontal lines) >Settings >AmazonSmile:
On the next screen, click on the yellow button that says “Turn on AmazonSmile” and follow next steps.
ALMA SITES ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC AT THIS TIME
During these challenging times Alma Family Services has closely monitored Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments. Our Leadership team has been in direct communication with systems of care and elected officials, taking steps to safeguard the health and wellbeing of staff and clients.
In order to further reduce the chance of communal exposure during this evolving crisis, our offices will be closed to the public and most of Alma staff will work remotely effective 3/20/2020 until further notice. We know that this pandemic has caused significant anxiety and stress. Our staff is committed to serving our community, promoting health, resilience and hope, especially during these uncertain times. Alma will utilize telephone and video platforms (when approved by the respective City/County department) to offer a range of supportive services to its clients and community at large including mental health services, case management, parenting support and youth development programming.
We will stay in touch and provide periodic updates through Facebook and our Website, providing updates and ways in which you may access these services.
You may find additional resources at:
• Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov
• The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Access Center 24/7 Helpline: (800) 854-7771
• California Department of Public Health (CDPH, State): https://www.cdph.ca.gov/…/…/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC, National): http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/novel-coronavirus-2019.html
• World Health Organization (WHO, International): https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
• Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) and Children: https://www.cdc.gov/…/201…/specific-groups/children-faq.html
We look forward to continue supporting you and your family.
Be safe and well!
Alma Family Services
A Tradition of Community Service
Alma Family Services is dedicated to advancing the quality of life of families and individuals coping with a range of needs including significant daily life stressors, emotional difficulties, substance abuse and/or developmental challenges.
- By providing a range of quality community integrated multigenerational, multilingual and multicultural services including early intervention and prevention
- By supporting empowerment at the individual, group and community level to effectively enhance capacity and reconnect individuals and families to their community.
- By advocating for the rights and responsibilities of families and individuals with special needs.
- By working with businesses, civic associations, and local, state and federal officials to increase knowledge of the abilities and contributions of individuals with special needs.